Pink foam under AGP

Top98Percent

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2012
MA
Is the pink foam only used under Intex pools? I'm interested in using it under my liner, but in seaarching, I see the majority of users have Intex pools. Heading to HD tomorrow to walk on it see if I like the feel.

Thanks

Sent from my 4G LTE Droid using Tapatalk 2

I used 1.5" pink foam on a 24' pool I put up last month. I believe it was in the $250 dollar range.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. You can definetly feel where the seems are. You cannot see them, just feel them. What worries me is the liner getting into the seams and causing a leak. Its too soon to tell if this will happen, just feels like it's possible. I made sure to get the seams tight and put 2 layers of duct tape on them.

In hindsight I feel it may be best to put down the pink foam and the happy bottom over it. This may give you the feel of the foam, which is great, with less seam issues. Expensive though.

Time will tell how it works for me.
Good Luck.

We used 1-1/2" pink foam under our 18' round AG steel wall sharkline pool last year with about 4 rolls of duct tape. Then duct taped the foam cove on top of the pink stuff. We used Liner Guard (thick felt) ordered on line, on top of that.

Trying to remember if it went pink stuff - liner guard -cove
Or pink stuff - cove - liner guard

Anyway lots of duct tape, maybe I should have used more, but no problems yet, feels good under your feet.

Not sure what the cost was we got it at Home depot or Menards it came in 4' x 8' sheets.
It was not tongue and groove, but we wanted that at first, I thought it would stay together better without gaping, I don't think tongue and groove came in the thickness we wanted.

You can kind-of see the foam seams when dirt gathers there, but I just vac along the seam and it's gone. Less than the liner seam. We have no folds or big ridges and a solid color blue liner you can see all the dirt on the bottom. Seemed that the lines were more visible last summer, maybe it settled or stretched or maybe I was more worried whether we installed it correctly or not last year.

Great so far! Hope that helps.
having trouble getting the picture to attach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
slicky5150 said:
I used 1.5" pink foam on a 24' pool I put up last month. I believe it was in the $250 dollar range.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. You can definetly feel where the seems are. You cannot see them, just feel them. What worries me is the liner getting into the seams and causing a leak. Its too soon to tell if this will happen, just feels like it's possible. I made sure to get the seams tight and put 2 layers of duct tape on them.

In hindsight I feel it may be best to put down the pink foam and the happy bottom over it. This may give you the feel of the foam, which is great, with less seam issues. Expensive though.

Time will tell how it works for me.
Good Luck.
Thank's for the input.Will keep that in mind.Ground around here is hard..Plus, pool been in for 13 yrs.Couple yrs ago I replaced the liner&was going to remove all the sand&put padding&foam coves in .But,I didn't.. :hammer:

I used 1.5" extruded polystyrene foam (the pink stuff) under my pool without anything else on top other than the tape on the seams (used gorilla tape]. I had a lot of roots, and so far no problems, it is holding up great and most seams can not be felt or seen.

If I had it to do over, I'd tape the seams. I've been noticing the dirt settling into lines on the pool bottom, today it dawned on me that it's the untaped joints in the fanfold. Very thin lines, but they're there. They vacuum up with no trouble though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.