Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Underwater pool light leak!! *PICS INCLUDED*

1. Back To Top    #1

Underwater pool light leak!! *PICS INCLUDED*

Hi everyone! I have never posted a topic on here yet but I am in desperate need of advice! I own a 24' round AG pool that has an LED light built next to the skimmer underwater. I found a leak and it's draining water pretty quickly! I will attach two pics to kind of show you where it is leaking. Is there anything I can do to stop the leak without calling a pool guy?? There are not a lot of pool places where I live. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Oh ya, one more detail in the pic it looks like there is a gap between the outer part of the light and the return hose but we have it as tight as possible. I'm not even sure it's suppose to be like that. I know nothin about pools and have had mine since July of last year. Please help!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Underwater pool light leak!! *PICS INCLUDED*

I'm not seeing the pics but repairing the light shouldn't be too big of a problem. You'll have to lower the water level below it, then you'll need to figure out of you just need to reseal it or if you need to put a patch over the hole and reinstall the light. Either way isn't too big a deal.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit