FC 3
TC 3
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 70
CYA 38
CH 230
Pool looks great!!!

Good and the bad. Let's start with the good. I went to my local pool store to pick up some Muriatic Acid and let them test my water to get a comparison on my test. I can't say when I had more fun thanks to you guys and the BBB Method. The lady in front of me struck up a conversation and commented how every time she comes in here her pool needs something. :) The pool store guy did her test and told her how it wasn't too bad as she paid her $175 for PhosFree and other chemicals she probably didn't need. :roll: She watched as he did mine and I asked him not to bother with the phosphates part of the test. I paid my $12 bucks for two gallons of acid and she said "How come..." All I could say was I try to stay on top of it. :wink: I didn't want to get in to it with the pool store guy so I left it alone even though I wanted to tell her about this site and the BBB Method. I exited with a smile on my face, :-D thinking if it wasn't for my new plaster I wouldn't have even have bought the acid. Now the bad. Due to the fact that I'm using a lot of acid my TA has dropped to 70. The pool guy naturally said I should add about 3 lbs of Alkalinity Up to try to get the TA up to 100. I told him I had some at home but I was wondering if I'm OK at 70 since the TA seems to keep dropping with all the Muriatic acid I keep adding every few days. What would be a good number to shoot for and should I start adding Baking Powder now or wait till it drops below 70.

Thanks in advance
Eddie

70-90 is suggested in Pool School for a pool chlorinated with bleach. I would leave it alone if it were my pool and check it from time to time.

I am quite sure this is just a slip in word choice but, if you decide to adjust it upward do not use baking powder....use baking soda.

(You haven't been two-timing us by spending time on the Betty Crocker forum, have you? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.