Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much my pool cost

1. Back To Top    #1

How much my pool cost

Hi,

I am thinking to sell my above pool with a reasonable price. I don't know how old the pool is, i bought the house 3 years ago and i don't know when the previous owner installed it.

Info:

*30ft above ground (don't know how depth)
    *hayward pool pumps installed last year for $150
    *ladder
    * hayward heater
    * sand filter
    *water slider similar to (http://www.poolcenter.com/pool-slides-i ... rslide.htm )

The liner is in working condition however there are some patch and there are some bleach spots.

i am thinking 2k? is this too much?

Thanks,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How much my pool cost

Need pics
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr

3. Back To Top    #3

I just paid right under $2400 for a 33'x 52", including the cost of the filter, pump and liner. IMO, $2k is way too much to ask for a used pool, even with the slide.
    -Julie
    25,600gal/33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage, Pentair Clean & Clear 150sq ft filter, 1.5hp dual speed Optiflo pump, TF-100 test kit, BBB method, Pool Rover S2-40

4. Back To Top    #4

If you were to put it on Craig's List for $800 and I had the room and $800... I would snag it up. Used pools go fast and cheap online.

There is a woman in my area looking to sale her 21' above ground pool for $2,300. It's been on Craig's List for a long time and is 2 years old. I could buy a brand new one, never installed and a lil deck for that amount of money. It's just not worth it!

Besides, with the fact that you have no idea how old the pool is, dismantling the pool could bring up issues of replacing parts due to age alone. Older pools just aren't worth what they are brand new and it's one reason why ppl turn to Craig's List to take their chances on buying 2nd hand pools for cheap! Would I buy one on CL? Yes but it has to be what I am looking for, the condition of the pool and if the price is right. Anything under $1,000 for that size could be a good deal. I'd look past it if it were advertized for more than $1,000. JMO.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

http://www.backyardcitypools.com/Swimmi ... 3052PO.htm

This is the company on the net that I bought my second pool from. And, most of the time they offer free delivery. And it comes with instructions also.

Christine

I see the link didn't show the price. It was 1700 something new I believe for the pool and liner. You add to add the pump and extras but still not a bad deal.
    18 X 54 Round-Wilbar-Sharkline Above Ground Tahitian
    Stainless steel access panel/ 1.5 hp pump
    Self Installed 6/09
    Crushed by Irene, and a 50ft oak 8/28/11
    Re installing 4/12 and up and running

6. Back To Top    #6

the pool it self is not expensive...the accessories is add up, especially the water slider. I listed on CL for $1200 see how it goes.. i will keep update

7. Back To Top    #7

Hope it sells quickly!
    18 X 54 Round-Wilbar-Sharkline Above Ground Tahitian
    Stainless steel access panel/ 1.5 hp pump
    Self Installed 6/09
    Crushed by Irene, and a 50ft oak 8/28/11
    Re installing 4/12 and up and running

8. Back To Top    #8

You could part it out in pieces and maybe do better than selling it all together. Just depends what people in your area are looking for right now.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

9. Back To Top    #9

I would guess your pump and ladder and slide individually are worth more than an old Above ground steel walled pool with a patched liner. If someone were to buy your pool, they are going to need to sped at least another $300 getting a liner and other items required to set it up.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

I received a lots email with interest; especially with the slide and the ladder but most of them don't know what they getting into until they see it...Another interest ask me if the deck come with it... lol