Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to forum from Austin, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

New to forum from Austin, TX

I have been looking around for a resource to learn more about pool building, and this seemed like a good place to join. Me & my wife are currently building our home, and want to start looking at pools as soon as the move in process is over with. Don't really have a clue what to expect price wise, but I guess I will find out soon enough.

Anyways.. Hello all!
    16.000 US Gal. w/Spa; freeform gunite; built 2015ish; Pentair Quad DE filter; 3 HP Pentair VS Pump; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns, 15 Gallon Stenner Tank, 45MHP2 3GPD Pump, Dolphin Triton Pool Cleaner. TF100 Test kit!

2. Back To Top    #2

Fort Wayne, IN

Re: New to forum from Austin, TX

Welcome Holmern! We built our pool last summer DIY style and couldn't have done it without the knowledge and expertise from the people on this site. You're in the right place!
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: New to forum from Austin, TX

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School