Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How many cubic feet go around a 16' x 48" metal frame pool

1. Back To Top    #1

How many cubic feet go around a 16' x 48" metal frame pool

Hi.....terrible at math I'm putting a border around my pool 3 feet out all around. (16'x 48" summer escapes pro series.) I saw some large river rock at Lowes. I will be protecting liner with a lawn edging border attached to legs with zip ties. I need to know how many 0.5 cubic feet bags of the rock will I need I also will be placing 25 stepping stones around it. And then decorative brick for the outside border. Thank you for any help
    Summer Escapes 16x48 Pro series Metal frame AG (6,041 gallon)
    In wall skimmer / filter C cartridge
    BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How many cubic feet go around a 16' x 48" metal frame po

well, you have 16' circle x 3.14 = 48 linear feet, call it 50 to make math easier. 50' long x 3' wide gives 150 square feet. You don't say the depth, I will assume 2", which is 1/6th of a foot so 150/6 = 25 so you need 25 cubic feet. That is 50 bags. I bought gravel at Lowes last week, cost me 3.50 a bag. Considering a yard is 27 cubic feet, I would get at least a yard delivered. It will cost less even with a delivery fee. You could probably get them to deliver the brick and stepping stones also.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How many cubic feet go around a 16' x 48" metal frame po

Thank you so much for the reply crokett....since a 0.5 cu ft bag of river rock is over $4 here at my Lowes, I appreciate the advice about buying a yard and having it delivered.
    Summer Escapes 16x48 Pro series Metal frame AG (6,041 gallon)
    In wall skimmer / filter C cartridge
    BBB method