Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH Rise

1. Back To Top    #1

North East

PH Rise

Hey all,

For the beginning part of the season (the past 3-4 weeks) the ph seemed to stay stable around 7.4 after I made the initial adjustment. TA is around 80. I added CYA via the sock method; however I also used pucks to help increase the CYA level also.

The PH is back to steadily rising again rather than staying stable (at 8 today).

Ideally, how often should the ph have to be adjusted? does something seem out of the norm here? I know the pucks are acidic and hadnt previously considered they were the reason the ph was staying steady...i thought it was my diligent work

Looking for some guidance, and in the mean time, going to go add muriatic to drop the level down.

Thanks all
    25,000 gallon Concrete/Plaster Pool
    Pentair WFDS-26 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Quad DE 100 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 - In Service 05/26/2013
    K-2006 Test kit, Intermatic P1353me Digital Timer, Stenner 85MHP5

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: PH Rise

Sounds normal to me.

My pool uses a lot of acid, a cup or two every other day. When I had trichlor pucks in the floater when I went out of town, pH was fine when I got back. When the pucks melted away, acid demand went right back up.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!