Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: would like to convert from Bacquasil

1. Back To Top    #1

would like to convert from Bacquasil

Owatonna, MN; 15x26 oval above ground pool; 12,6000 gal.; sand filter; Artisian pump 1.0hp

I would like to convert from Bacquasil and have read all your info. My question is ...I have drained my pool down to about 1' of water and cleaned it out the best I can. Should I clean sides and skimmer, etc. with bleach before I refill or go ahead and refill and then start the bleach process? I haven't purchased a test kit yet - can't do much until the pool is full!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Altoona, AL

Re: would like to convert from Bacquasil

Go ahead and refill. Get your test kit ordered ASAP, it's an invaluable tool! We recommend the TF100 from
    Post any questions you may have along the way. There are lots of kind folks here who are willing to help. You are going to be so glad you decided to do this!
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Eastern Ohio

Order the kit before you do anything. The pool will be down for a few days, so enjoy it while the kit is being shipped. Next fill your pool up as normal. Don't worry about scrubbing at first.

After you get the kit start the any questions you may have.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Southern NH

You won't regret converting. Order a test kit, filler up and shock the left over Baquagoo out. Your filter will need to be flushed out a few times most likely.
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)