Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bought a 14x48 ultra frame with 1600 Intex ...

1. Back To Top    #1

Bought a 14x48 ultra frame with 1600 Intex ...

Hello everyone!! New guy here. Bought a 14x48 ultra frame with 1600 Intex sand filter, SW System, AGP Skimmer and all the PVC needed to set up the pool this saturday (hopefully). Just finished leveling the area last weekend. So, bottom line is:
    I can cut a hole through the liner to fit a return and skimmer without any problems of compromising the strengh of the walls. I asume I have to do this with the pool empty to avoid a huge blooper do to the pressure weight of the water against the walls when making the cuts. So... It means that the pool is brand new and I will have to fill with water first to make sure there are no leak defects, drain the pool, install the mods and fill again. Ouch, that will leave a mark. Mabe I can pump the water to my old 12' easy set and back again to save money.
    1/2" PVC will do the work? I didn't find 1/4" PVC adapters and stuff.

Thanks for any expert help guys!!
    19,000 gallon
    Cartridge
    IG
    Vinyl
    1 HP Hayward pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bought a 14x48 ultra frame with 1600 Intex ...

Welcome to TFP.

Spend a little time reading the intex skimmer replacement threads. There's some very good info there.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I would assume no leaks and fill the pool and go. Why worry about something that probably won't happen? Also, you want to cut the holes after you fill, not before. the liner will move and stretch when you put the water in. Fill it to with in 3/4" or so of the lowest fitting on the pool, then cut the fittings and install them, then finish filling the pool.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the help!!! Hope everything turns out right. I'll post pics of the project later.
    19,000 gallon
    Cartridge
    IG
    Vinyl
    1 HP Hayward pump