what size pump and sand filter are you useing?

May 13, 2012
I am getting ready to purchase a shark line 24*48 agp,and would like to know what size pump and sand filter combination you are running to get some ideas. I am currently running an intex2650 sand pump on a 15*48 intex pool and it circulates and vacuums great. I know it is a cheaper product and it is not ideal but I just purchased and hooked it up Saturday and now me an d the wife have decided to do a permanent agp and I plan on using the intex pump until it quits working at which time I will buy a better system so I am just trying to get some ideas for now.
thanks for the info.

I am using a 2400 GPH pump and a Hayward sand filter rated at 2700 GPH with 1.5" pipe. My pool is a 15x30 oval, filled to around 10k gallons. A 24" round pool holds somewhere around 13,000 gallons at 48" deep. You need to size yours to turn the water over at least once per day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.