Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what size pump and sand filter are you useing?

1. Back To Top    #1

what size pump and sand filter are you useing?

I am getting ready to purchase a shark line 24*48 agp,and would like to know what size pump and sand filter combination you are running to get some ideas. I am currently running an intex2650 sand pump on a 15*48 intex pool and it circulates and vacuums great. I know it is a cheaper product and it is not ideal but I just purchased and hooked it up Saturday and now me an d the wife have decided to do a permanent agp and I plan on using the intex pump until it quits working at which time I will buy a better system so I am just trying to get some ideas for now.
    thanks for the info.
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr

2. Back To Top    #2

Hillsborough, NC

Re: what size pump and sand filter are you useing?

I am using a 2400 GPH pump and a Hayward sand filter rated at 2700 GPH with 1.5" pipe. My pool is a 15x30 oval, filled to around 10k gallons. A 24" round pool holds somewhere around 13,000 gallons at 48" deep. You need to size yours to turn the water over at least once per day.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: what size pump and sand filter are you useing?

My sig has the equipment I'm using. The only thing I would change is the pump to a 2-speed 1hp.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit