Filling Pool with WELL WATER Please Help

Jun 27, 2012
I put up and filled my pool with well water ( ONLY WATER SOURCE ) in March and still batteling with iron!!!!! I have spent $600 in chemicals since March and need help someone please tell me what to do or where to go!!! I have salt chlorinator!! Im about to loose my mind!! 24X52 above ground not Intex sand filter pool!! :?

I filled my 20x48 ag pool on the 21, and I have added a total 3 16 oz metal and stain from hth at Wally world, my iron is soooo bad from well, I saw that some one said try a paper towel in skimmer basket , well a roll later that was getting old, I have now gone to a 5 gal bucket of fresh water and few old wash clothes,pretty raggedy so I can keep good flow going , and a few of my type of pool filter cartridges , ( intex stuff ) but I have gone out hourly and swapped out wash clothes and filters, a very smooth fast process, and it's nasty nasty, but I think I am getting a grasp, so that I an gain control on my FC and build up cya , Since I'm still in my shocking process
Its been a nightmare, I think if or when I have to drain I will plan on buying water somehow, bottle water woulda been cheaper .... But this wash cloth and filter deal is hopefully a decent plan to rid the well water iron ..
Good luck !!!!

First, adjust your pH to 7.2-7.4 and CH to 200-220. Keep the chlorine generator going - you don't want an algae bloom as well as rusty colored water. Next, go get some Jack's Magic Purple Stuff. For your pool, add at least 1.5 quarts, let the pump run overnight. The water should be a lot lighter in color. If it isn't, add half a quart at a time, keep the pump running and see if it changes color. My pool took 2 quarts. The best way to add it is dip some water out of the pool with a bucket, pour the Jack's into the bucket then pour that into the pool in front of the return. It will take at least a day for the water to completely clear up once you get enough sequestrant in. After a few days of the water being clear, backflush the filter. I struggled with high iron in my pool water and went through 6 different products over 4 seasons until I discovered Jack's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.