Engineering Aspect of Setting Up an Unlevel AGP

Jun 20, 2012
Split from post394890.html#p394890 Butterfly

Hello TFP...I recently bought a new Intex Ultra Frame 18'x48" and find this thread very interesting. I plan on setting up my pool on a 30'x46' concrete slab that I've been using as my bball court. The concrete is 4" thick with rebar...only headache is it has a slight slope of about 0.5 degree on average over 18 ft. distance. Using a string & 48" level, I measured the biggest difference between high/low to be 1.7-1.9 inches over 18 ft...so pretty much the same as RicerAmerica1's first illustration. If I measure the difference at 16 ft I get about 1.5 inch difference.

My question for the engineers/experts of TFP...how much of a concern should this be? Given the 6,423 gallons of water that will be in the pool, I'm worried about the stress on the frame/liner on the low sides. I was thinking of placing shims under the legs on the lower side along with foam under 1/2 pool (low side) & a gorilla pad to smooth things out & hopefully help compensate some for height difference from the slope and alleviate stress on the liner. I'm trying to avoid building a sand box to level things out on my basketball court since I only plan to use this pool during the summer for about 2-3 years. I originally wanted only a 14x48 pool knowing the slope I have in my concrete, but my family wanted the bigger 18x48. Right now I'm leaning towards going to a smaller pool 14x48 or 16x48 or scrapping the idea altogether..haha...any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.