Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with pool cover repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Long Island, NY

Help with pool cover repair

Hello all,

I have a Coverpools automatic pool cover, installed under the coping two years ago when the pool was built. Recently, I noticed two tiny holes (?possibly by a stray cat watering itself after rain?) in one end of the cover which allows small amount of pool water to seep through when the pool is covered (cover unretracted). I could not find the piece of the cover given to me by the installers (I must have thrown it out). I just spoke to someone at Coverpools customer service who is sending out a small piece of the fabric to me. I have to glue a small piece of the fabric to patch the two small holes. Does anyone know/recommend the type/brand of glue that I could use? Can I use crazy glue?

25' x 50' IG Gunite pool (~40,000 gallons) with "cool blue" diamondbrite, Jandy 2 HP pump, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Jandy EE3000T heat pump, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Coverpools automatic cover, Polaris, Jandy Watercolors LED pool lights

Long Island, NY

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with pool cover repair

Your local pool dealer will have the right glue you need.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Help with pool cover repair

As twmackey said, your pool cover dealer should have some vinyl, water-resistant glue that we supply. If the holes are small enough (smaller than a pin hole), you can use the glue by itself without the patch. Contact Cover-Pools if you need to know who your dealer is.