Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electronic / Digital TEST Kits ??

1. Back To Top    #1

Electronic / Digital TEST Kits ??

First off, I am REALLY glad to have found this site! We JUST closed on a new property with a beautiful Pool. (I have yet to determine it's actual size/gallons, but will do so very soon.)

I have become immersed in this site, reading and trying to educate myself on proper maintenance. (20 years ago I did the "basic" chlorine testing of a pool at a rental - so I get "that" part.) The current owners use a pool maintenance service; we were planning on managing it ouurself as 1 of us is retired and around most of the time.

So my question is relating to test kits: I see the TF-100 is HIGHLY recommended; but a bit daunting as to the number of bottles, tests, et al .. I was wondering if there are GREAT test kits that are digital (I assume test STRIPS?) that report on all those same analysis as the TF-100 ??? I don't mind paying the additional $$ for one if it simplifies the results.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to a long history here.
    30,000 Gal FIBER GLASS (over Gunite Plaster) Pool, Dolphin Nautilus PLUS Robot, (2) Cartridge Filter System (old), 1/2 HP Pump, Full Sun, Solar Heated, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Electronic / Digital TEST Kits ??

Welcome to TFP!

There is one digital meter that is acceptable, the ColorQ, but it has some quirks and limitations and overall it is not as good as the kits we recommend.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

thank you ...
    30,000 Gal FIBER GLASS (over Gunite Plaster) Pool, Dolphin Nautilus PLUS Robot, (2) Cartridge Filter System (old), 1/2 HP Pump, Full Sun, Solar Heated, TF-100 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

I use this one: http://www.palintestusa.com/products-details.aspx?id=2

Very pleased with it.
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ricksass
    I use this one: http://www.palintestusa.com/products-details.aspx?id=2

Very pleased with it.
    I googled it to try and find a place that sells it but could not. Where did you get it and what was the price? Looks interesting if accurate.

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

6. Back To Top    #6

23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks bluechip! I think I will pass at $700.

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves