PentAir cartridge filters

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
i'm looking thru PentAir cartridge filter selection on their website and there is no clear explanation of the difference between different model lines.

It seems that Clean & Clear Filters might be for AGP, but i'm not sure if that's the case. Is C&C Plus for IGP? How about C&C RP? There is also Posi-Clear, system 2 and system 3.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the model line?

First, Pentair has two brands: Pentair and Sta-Rite. Several of their filters come in both brands, which basically duplicate each other, though there are trivial differences (like the color).

Clean & Clear - smaller filters.
Clean & Clear Plus - mid-sized.
Clean & Clear RP - a redesign of the Clean & Clear Plus line. These are new and will eventually replace the Clean & Clear Plus unless problems come up.
Dynamic - Designed for spas.
Posi-Clear - basically the same as Clean & Clear (Plus)
Posi-Clear RP - basically the same as Clean & Clear RP
System 2 - Medium to mid-large filters.
System 3 - Large filters.

Jason, thank you for your answer. So is there a consensus on C&C Plus vs C&C RP? Is it too soon to consider RP since it's still new? Is C&C Plus becoming obsolete at this point?

edit: it looks like RP filter sizes are much smaller than Plus line. Is it because RPs are more efficient? What would be a good size for 30k gallon pool?

The RP is very new. I haven't heard anything about it yet pro or con.

Get the largest size you can afford and have room for, 300 sqft or larger. Larger filters are slightly more efficient and can go longer between cleanings.

Actually the Clean & Clear RP is a redesign of the Clean & Clear, not the plus. The plus is a larger filter than either the Clean & Clear or the Clean & Clear RP.

My sister has a C&C 200 ft² and I was thoroughly impressed the first time I opened it up to clean it. It is very easy to open and get the cartridge out and in and then to reassemble. I'm sure the RP will be just as easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.