I recently had a minor algae outbreak a little over a week ago (which is what led me and converted me to the BBB method). Brought the pool to shock level until it held overnight.
I have a cartridge filter. While in the middle of shocking/realizing I had algae, when I removed the cartridge, it was pretty greenish. Hosed it off really well, still had some of the slightest green sludge in between some of the pleats. Did some googling and decided (wether it was right or wrong, I don't know) that the shock level would take care of the algae in the filter cartridge as well. Upon shocking, I run the pump/filter starting from 4:30 in the afternoon until I leave for work at 7:00 a.m.
Last night I cleaned the filter and noticed there is still some of this slimy gunk in between some of the pleats. The gunk has SLIGHTEST green tint, but nothing like before, and I'm not even positive it's algae, but I guess it could be. The pool did have alot of use after a weekend full of softball (which I did put bleach into it accordingly afterwards, and a little bit before).
I PLAN on getting a second filter so I can deep clean one and have another to run while the other is cleaning, but I would really prefer to be able to hold out on that a little bit after dumping so much money into the pool before I found BBB.
Should I worry about that slime in the filter or let it go for awhile?
(Those are the only tests I ran last night)