Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What gel to use?

1. Back To Top    #1

What gel to use?

I need to lower my water to change a LED bulb, the lens is a screw-on type with a gasket, I remember there is a gel I need to apply on the gasket for water-proofing, does anyone know what I should use? Thanks.
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2
    I believe you are talking about a silicone or teflon based lubricant for pool use such as MagicLube (teflon) or MagicLube II (silicone). These are what are commonly applied to o-rings, gaskets, etc to protect the rubber and make a good seal.

3. Back To Top    #3

Well if you have an LED and it is burned out there's no bulb to replace. You have to replace the entire unit. This also entails pulling the old wiring as the whip is hardwired to the fixture. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself unless you're comfortable with pulling wiring through a conduit (not as easy as it sounds!)
    Our pool adventure... click here

4. Back To Top    #4
    Some LED units are screw in types to convert older fixtures so it might be possible to 'change the bulb"

5. Back To Top    #5

My LED plugs into a socket which is connected to a wire in a conduit. I do have a tube of Teflon made by Locktite, I guess I'll use it on the gasket. Thanks everyone.
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

6. Back To Top    #6
    You want a speciality product made for pool use like I suggested above. I would not use the loctite product. You can get a suitable product from your local pool supply or from an online supplier.

7. Back To Top    #7

Alright
    OH TWINS