Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex 2650 sand pump

1. Back To Top    #1

intex 2650 sand pump

I just purchased a intex 2650gph sand filter and have it hooked to a 15*48 intex pool that someone gave us to see how we would like a pool. I am very pleased with the pump the suction for vacuum and circulating the water is great. We have now decided that we love having a pool and are going to purchase a shark line reprieve 24*48. Will this pump be
    sufficient for that pool? I know it is not a Hayward or one of the better name brands but other than having to make some connectors to make it compatable which will be no problem with the help from this website I don't have a problem with it and will use it until it quits working at which time I will by a better pump and filter.
    thanks for any help
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex 2650 sand pump

While it's probably not ideal I don't think it'd be a problem using it until it fails. You may have to run it longer and clean it more often, but that's not a huge deal.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: intex 2650 sand pump

I went with the Hayward s210t and Hayward pro Flo lx 1hp pump my funds was running a little short so I could not afford a 2 speed motor and I got the whole setup thru amazon for 334 dollars.
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr