Upgrade????? Sand or swg

Jun 20, 2012
Swisher Iowa
Hi yall i have a New pool , 20x48 steel frame, w a stock skimmer filter thing pump sfs1000, 1075 gph ..week into it and it's clear I need to upgrade quick, It falls far from circulating anything , I don't need whitecaps but general visual movement wouldbe great
Advice,
1. My pool is made by polygroup / pro series pool, does intex products work with my type

2. How big HP would anyone recommend,
I've seen the Hayward pumps in 14,16,18,21,and so on..

3. Bad well water issues, would swg or sand or de bea better fit

4. Conversion kits, skimmer basket and hose sizes ??

Hints and precautions welcome

Iowawaterbabies said:
1. My pool is made by polygroup / pro series pool, does intex products work with my type
Not sure of your brands fittings, but I have never plumbing that can't be adapted.

Iowawaterbabies said:
2. How big HP would anyone recommend,
I've seen the Hayward pumps in 14,16,18,21,and so on.. ]'quote]You do not want a big pump, a 3/4 hp max...you may want to consider a 2 speed. As for filters, for sand you would want >1.5 sq. ft, for a cartridge filter you would want >120 sq. ft, and for a DE filter you would want >22 sq. ft. (some would say 11 is enough though).

Iowawaterbabies said:
3. Bad well water issues, would swg or sand or de bea better fit
Cartridge might be the best fit since you do not backwash that type of filter. SWG (salt water chlorine generator) is not a filter, but a way of getting chlorine in your pool automatically. SWG's work with all filter types.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.