Intex Sand Filter....has the design changed??

Purchased this on Amazon last week...http://www.amazon.com/Intex-650-Gal...=1340763242&sr=8-1&keywords=intex+sand+filter

Package gets dropped off at my house today. I open the box tonight and find what appears to be this...http://www.amazon.com/Intex-56673EG...=1340763242&sr=8-2&keywords=intex+sand+filter

The owner's manual list the model number as SF20110, which when googled comes up as the 2650 gph pump. So, just wondering if they went away from the two piece sand tank like is shown in the first link to a one piece tank. Has anyone else purchased this recently? This will make emptying/changing sand a pain if they have changed the design.

I just purchased the same pump and hooked it all up Saturday and mine is the one piece tank also so they must have changed there design. I ordered mine.e from amazon and they couldn't locate the order so they sent another one out well they both came to the house and the tanks are both one piece tanks so I am guessing they changed the design. I was going to keep which ever one was a two piece tank but they were both one piece tanks. I had the 1600 sand filter and you can tell by the size of the tank they are different.I am going to use mine on a 24*48 shark line pool until it quits and then I will look for a more expensive pump unless this one last awhile and then I may use the Intex again. I can say this though the intex 1 horse pump has cleared up my water in just a couple of days. And it has plenty of suction for vacuuming and circulating the water in the pool.

Talked with Intex this morning and the customer service rep confirmed that they have changed their 2650 gph sand filter tank to a one piece tank. Didn't say why....I'm guessing their saving money. Any way filter is assembled and running. WOW! I think I can swim against my return flow. Very fine dirt on bottom that i would normally brush up in hopes of the cartridge filter sucking up was already being stirred up without me having to brush. Hopefully worth the $ I've put into it....time will tell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.