Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Sand Filter....has the design changed??

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Sand Filter....has the design changed??

Purchased this on Amazon last week...http://www.amazon.com/Intex-650-Gall...ex+sand+filter

Package gets dropped off at my house today. I open the box tonight and find what appears to be this...http://www.amazon.com/Intex-56673EG-...ex+sand+filter

The owner's manual list the model number as SF20110, which when googled comes up as the 2650 gph pump. So, just wondering if they went away from the two piece sand tank like is shown in the first link to a one piece tank. Has anyone else purchased this recently? This will make emptying/changing sand a pain if they have changed the design.
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Sand Filter....has the design changed??

looks like they sent you a 1,600 gph if you read the description future down the page.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what I thought, but the model # on the box matches the 2650 the tank itself says 100lb capacity. It's just the tank itself looks identicial to the smaller filters.
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012

4. Back To Top    #4

Look at the pump motor, it should have a rating on the plate.
    The sand filter on mine has a mark to fill about midway to reach the 55# sand mass. How far does yours show to fill?
    -wc
    Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - Poolcalculator.com :lookhere: TestKits

5. Back To Top    #5

I just purchased the same pump and hooked it all up Saturday and mine is the one piece tank also so they must have changed there design. I ordered mine.e from amazon and they couldn't locate the order so they sent another one out well they both came to the house and the tanks are both one piece tanks so I am guessing they changed the design. I was going to keep which ever one was a two piece tank but they were both one piece tanks. I had the 1600 sand filter and you can tell by the size of the tank they are different.I am going to use mine on a 24*48 shark line pool until it quits and then I will look for a more expensive pump unless this one last awhile and then I may use the Intex again. I can say this though the intex 1 horse pump has cleared up my water in just a couple of days. And it has plenty of suction for vacuuming and circulating the water in the pool.
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr

6. Back To Top    #6

I believe the diameter on the 2650 is 16" and the 1600 is 14". You can measure the circumference with a tailors tape measure and divide by pi to get diameter.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the replys everyone. I measured the circumference and it was 16". I wonder if there is anyway I could still get the two piece filter tank? I'm calling Intex this morning and see what they say.
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012

8. Back To Top    #8

Sounds to me like it is the 2650, but let us know what intex says. I just looked at there webpage for the 2650 and they show both styles in the pictures: http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/h...s/56671eg.html
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

9. Back To Top    #9

Talked with Intex this morning and the customer service rep confirmed that they have changed their 2650 gph sand filter tank to a one piece tank. Didn't say why....I'm guessing their saving money. Any way filter is assembled and running. WOW! I think I can swim against my return flow. Very fine dirt on bottom that i would normally brush up in hopes of the cartridge filter sucking up was already being stirred up without me having to brush. Hopefully worth the $ I've put into it....time will tell.
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012

10. Back To Top    #10

are you still happy with your 2650 Sand Filter?

11. Back To Top    #11

Absolutley.....a must for intex pools!
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012