Recommended level for lots of direct sunlight?

neen01

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 13, 2012
NJ
The recommended level in pool school says to ask for advice for a bunch of things.
We have lots of direct sunlight - there are no trees to shade it.
What do I need to do differently than the recommended levels given in pool school?

I have direct sunlight all the time..Never had a problem..Run my CYA at about 30 when opening up...I bump it up when it get Summer..Now running about 45..I do keep a solar blanket on to keep the temp up&keep's the pool cleaner.

neen01:

My pool is in the full Texas sun much of the day. I am currently at 30 CYA. If my FC consumption were to spike (and I have confirmed that there are no other issues causing this), then I would add more CYA. So far, though, that has not happened. Of course, every pool is different and regular testing is the only way to do what's right for your pool. I tend to be conservative with CYA and like to leave a little "room to grow" in case I go on vacation out of town and am forced to temporarily use trichlor pucks if I cannot get a trusted adviser to look after the pool while I'm gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.