Help! (Almost) New Pool Owner

Jun 22, 2012
Hi! We love this site - it has been a great resource. We are considering signing a contract after having received bids from several builders, but the builder we like the best seems to think that not everything needs to be identified in detail in the contract. By way of example, we are not expected to select the pavers we want until after the contract is signed. Is that typical? My main concern is what if the pavers we want are more than the alloted amount? I want to stay within my budget - and the bid we have is right at the max - but don't feel that I will know if that is possible if I don't know for certain that everything we want is included in that bid. The same concern exists with the interior material, as I know that some colors are considered "upgrades."

So, I guess my first question is "Is is typical/industry standard to not identify everything we will be getting, in detail, in the contract?" I realize that there has to be some degree of trust and faith in the builder, but...

My second question is whether anyone here has had any experience with (a) Exclusive Pools in Brandon, Florida, or (b) Natural Springs Pools in Tampa/Lutz.

Thank you!

We waited to hash out the details, because the pool build was like a transforming giant....we couldnt visualize what we wanted untill thing got underway...even if we had it all set in stone it would have changed.

Pavers are a problem as the supplier might have limited stock and unlikely to make a special production run.

You'll be stuck with what they got.

We have two big paver producers in our area (Belgard and Pavestone) yet we ended up with our fourth choice with color and design.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.