I will apologize for my ignorance on these subjects in advance.
I have a Hayward Filter E65 Filter that I left on for 8 hours last night. I woke up this morning to find it hot and smoking. I know I need to replace an o-ring or 2 in the filter, but just hadn't had time to unscrew the 54,000 bolts that hold it down. Would a bad o ring cause the overheating? This past weekend I had a small trickle of water coming out the top of the filter and near the pressure gauge (I am in need of replacing the gauge-got a new one-just can't figure out why the old one is stuck.) When I took it apart to look at the impeller, there was a penny lodged in there. Don't know if there is any relevance to the overheating.
Please tell me I don't need to replace the Filter, it is only 5 years old.
ANY guidance is appreciated!