First Time AG Pool Owner, Questions About Filtration Needs

Jun 26, 2012
We bought an AG 24' Round Escape Pool by Aqua Leader from a company that was going out of business here in Boise, Idaho about 3 years ago. We finally decided to start setting up the pool. **All the "parts" (filters, pump, skimmer, etc) were NOT included with our purchase** Today we called some other pool shops and were told that the parts "HAVE TO BE" brand specific to the manufacturer of the pool, therefore, only the Aqua Leader parts will work with this pool. The problem is, that the aqualeader.com website does not give an option under "accessories" to buy these parts directly from the website.

My questions are:
1) Are Aqualeader parts required/do the parts have to be "brand specific"?
2) If yes to #1, Does anyone know where I can go online to find the Aqualeader parts? I have done a google search and am just getting dead ends
3) For our 24' round pool, what type of filter (sand, DE, cartridge) would be recommended for us?
4) For our 24' round pool, what size pump and size (flow rate) of our filter would we need?

Re: First Time AG Pool Owner, Questions About Filtration Nee

Welcome to tfp, ChavezFam208 :wave:

ChavezFam208 said:
) Are Aqualeader parts required/do the parts have to be "brand specific"?
Other than matching the hole size and fastener pitch for the skimmer, you should not need aqualeader brand stuff. I have an aqualeader pool/skimmer and I believe that skimmer hole pattern matches a hayward skimmer. You will just have to measure and check.

ChavezFam208 said:
or our 24' round pool, what type of filter (sand, DE, cartridge) would be recommended for us?
I get 13500 gallons (assuming filled to 4 ft depth) for your pool. Our recommended minimums would be 200 sq. ft. cartridge, 2.5 sq. ft. sand, or 38 sq. ft. DE (this is prefered by some...others would say you could get by with 19 sq. ft. DE filter).

ChavezFam208 said:
For our 24' round pool, what size pump and size (flow rate) of our filter would we need?
Assuming short plumbing runs (low head loss) and not water features (such as solar, waterfalls, etc.), then a 2 speed 3/4 hp or 1 hp pump would be preferred. If you size your filter as discussed above, then these pumps should work fine.

Re: First Time AG Pool Owner, Questions About Filtration Nee

You can use an entire pump, or filter, or heater, and so on, of a different brand, but you can't replace sub-components of a pump, filter, heater, etc with parts designed for a different brand. Hope that makes sense. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.