Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar reel for an Intex Above Ground Pool, has anyone seen?

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar reel for an Intex Above Ground Pool, has anyone seen?

Just wondering if anyone has used this type of solar reel. These are the only pictures I have come across that looks to attach to the round tubing of an Intex Pool Frame. (the only reason I am calling these Intex pools is because of the Grey outside and the little blue squares that Intex is known for, so i could be wrong)

I found these on the KOKIDO web site, but I cannot get any model number or anything. I see some pictures on E-Bay, but none say they come with an Intex Attachment.

I can't tell if the attachments are metal or plastic, I would be worried if they were plastic, just for durability.

Thanks
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18600 Gallon In Ground
    Vinyl liner
    Aqua Genie Skimmer/Return
    Purex Triton Challenger wet end with Emerson 2EZ Speed Two-Speed with Timer Motor 3/4HP #EB2980T
    Sta-Rite 145361 Cristal-Flo II High-Rate Sand Filter 22Inch
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar reel for an Intex Above Ground Pool, has anyone se

I have the same reel with the larger tube. It's made by GLI I believe. It came from www.solarcovers.com.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Did it come with the attachments for an Intex pool? I looked at their website and owners manual, and it did not have anything on Round tube connections.
    Thanks
    Tony
    18600 Gallon In Ground
    Vinyl liner
    Aqua Genie Skimmer/Return
    Purex Triton Challenger wet end with Emerson 2EZ Speed Two-Speed with Timer Motor 3/4HP #EB2980T
    Sta-Rite 145361 Cristal-Flo II High-Rate Sand Filter 22Inch
    Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

No it just came with the flat plates.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

The clamps on the bottom of the reel stands look just like the brackets that hold the "over the wall skimmer" that comes with the intex ultra frame pools. Maybe they are available as parts for sale at the intex web site? Not sure tho how you'd connect the two and have them stable/durable.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)