raise the pool skimmer?

E-ROC

Feb 29, 2012
i was wondering if it would be worth trying to raise it to get the water level up in the pool. i do not mind doing the work myself but do not truly know how much detail there will be to this project. it is a fiberglass pool and i know how to do fiberglass repair, but is it regular fiberglass like on a boat or truck fenders or a whole other deal? any help is appreciated. here's the pics.
001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

That is way more work than it is worth, IMO. As it is now, your water level is low. You should be able to raise it to the middle of the tiles or a little over (about another 1.5" or so)

Sounds like if you are willing to do work, adding an auto-fill could be useful. You would just need to make a hole in the pool with a pipe to a float valve in a bucket with a fresh water source.

Or there are also units that just hook to a hose and hang over the side of the pool and keep the level adjusted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.