Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cartridge filter size??

1. Back To Top    #1

Cartridge filter size??

I have a 20,000 gallon in ground pool with 3/4 Hp pump and Hayward C900 filter (90ft) . I have solar panels on roof to heat pool and run polaris sweep about 1 hour a day. . I have to clean the filter cartridge about once a month. A pool company recommended a larger Hayward filter and that I would only have to clean it twice a year. My pump is also making odd noises when it first comes on, so that may be additional issue. What size pump and filter would be the best for my size of pool and also be easiest to clean and most energy efficient??
    Jil
    20k gallon in ground pool w/spa, slide, diving board
    Polaris 280, Pentair 3/4 Booster Pump, Pentair 420 Cartiridge Filter , 3/4 Max E Glass Pump,
    Fafco Solar Panels, Pentair 300 Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cartridge filter size??

What kind of noise is your pump making?

As for the filter, as large a size as you can afford and fit into your equipment area would be best! At least 200 sqft, and 500 would be better
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cartridge filter size??

pump is making a winy noise when it first starts up pumping water. it sounds fine after that.

Does the pump size affect what size filter I can get?
    Jil
    20k gallon in ground pool w/spa, slide, diving board
    Polaris 280, Pentair 3/4 Booster Pump, Pentair 420 Cartiridge Filter , 3/4 Max E Glass Pump,
    Fafco Solar Panels, Pentair 300 Heater