Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Pool Party

Pool Party

What's the general rule, keep chlorine at current level then elevate some after party, elevate some before party, or business as usual regarding chlorine level?
    24,000 gal vinyl Lazy L, 1 hp pump, DE Filter, Pentair 250K heater, Letro Legend pressure side pool sweep

Re: Pool Party

Elevate before party.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Currently keep between 4-8 based on CYA of about 50. What should I elevate it to?
    24,000 gal vinyl Lazy L, 1 hp pump, DE Filter, Pentair 250K heater, Letro Legend pressure side pool sweep

Quote Originally Posted by jccams
    Currently keep between 4-8 based on CYA of about 50. What should I elevate it to?
    I suggest around 10 to 12. I would also test FC/CC & pH after the party
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

I recently had a party in pretty demanding conditions. 100 degree heat, full sun, 11 kids aged 7-13.

30 minutes before the party, I brought FC to 12 (normally 9), and lowered pH from 7.5 to 7.2

At 2pm, After the party, I brought FC back up to 12, checked pH (it was 7.3), checked CC (.5), left the pump running remainder of the day, and all night.

Next morning, FC was 9, pH still 7.3 water was crystal clear, and I went swimming
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink: