The following is a simplified schematic of my pool / spa combo:
The system is typically in "pool mode", meaning that:
1) Jandy Valve # 1 is 100% open to Pool Suction (sometimes I will crack the Spa Suction open a bit to help circulate the spa water, but not often)
2) Gate vale is open, allowing some water to return to spa - which overflows into the pool
3) Jandy Valve #2 is 100% open to Pool Return, so no return going to Spa Jets
4) Heater is OFF
When I want to use the spa, I go into "spa mode":
1) Jandy Valve #1 is 100% open to Spa Suction
2) Gate vale can be open or closed, depending on how much pressure I want from jets
3) Jandy Valve #2 is 100% open to Spa Jets
4) Heater is ON
I have recently ordered a Pool Pilot Total Control (chlorine only, parts #75003 and #94113). I plan on installing the manifold on the output line from the heater, prior to any valves for the pool/spa returns. Is this correct or should I put the manifold on the Pool Return only? Also, do I need to adjust/ turn off the SWG when I use the spa? I can imagine the SWG kicking into high gear with the 104 degree water from my spa, only to end up over chlorinating...
Anything else I am missing or should keep in mind for my new SWG given this layout?