Wrinkles in Liner

May 11, 2012
Danville, IN
Our liner was replaced 5 years ago. Since that time, I've noticed wrinkles forming at the upper portion of the slope between shallow and deep ends. It seems as though it's getting worse. I've attached some pictures to show what I'm referring to...

Is this something I should worry about or is this normal stretching of the liner? Is it possible they simply measured wrong and the liner is too large or is it stretching? This area is a place where the kids tend to jump in and hit the bottom with their feet, as kids will do. I'm doubting they would be shifting the liner as I can't imagine they would exert more force on the liner than the water does.

Sure would appreciate any input or recommendations...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pbzjwef5muwpjwn/PnI8zLD6np

If the wrinkles didn't exist right after the pool was up and running then it wasn't measured wrong. I have the same wrinkles, they are from a combination of a very smooth floor + very warm water + walking on that area. The liner hasn't shifted it just stretched. They are permanent wrinkles, even if you drained the pool it would be like trying to uncrease a sheet of paper.

Yep, I pretty much came to the same conclusion. I did some more searching and found some other messages that referred to using a plunger to try to smooth them back out. I spend about an hour last night working on it and they are better. I think I can keep it under control, but won't be able to un-stretch it - just spread it out a little. The big concern was that it was not something I really need to be worried about - just unsightly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.