Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: My CH level was 80 and was told I needed to raise it

My CH level was 80 and was told I needed to raise it

Before I found this site, I had my water sampled at Leslies Pool. I have an Intex 16 x 48. My CH level was 80 and was told I needed to raise it (thereby, purchasing a $20 bucket of stuff). After reading this site, I have not used this. Am I correct that I shouldn't worry about this low reading?
    16 x 48 Intex Ultra; Intex 1600 sand filter/pump;
    TF50 test kit
    Crosby, Tx

Re: My CH level was 80 and was told I needed to raise it

Correct. There is no need to add CH to a vinyl liner pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

I can send some over, I have the opposite problem! Hopefully, they will let you return it!
    Vogue Vectra 30' Round (21,200 gallons), Waterway 2HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter - TF100 -- Southern IL - Install 06/2012
    Last minute upgrade from 27' due to error in dealer inventory *yikes*

Surely they will since I have my receipt....I really need to get a better test kit (as noted on this site)...
    16 x 48 Intex Ultra; Intex 1600 sand filter/pump;
    TF50 test kit
    Crosby, Tx