So you want to add borates to your pool--Why and How

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who just jumped on the borate train. I used 8 boxes of 20 mule team borax from two different stores plus 2 gal 34 oz of muratic acid for a total cost of about $45.

The first thing I noticed (within minutes of finishing) was that the bubbles produced by the spillover spa waterfall are much smaller than previously. I guess there's some truth to that whole surface tension thing. We'll see about the rest.

I'm gonna do this soon hopefully. I need to check the price of borax at Walmart. Their website has it at $7+/box, but it doesn't have them as the seller. If that's really the case, it's like $20 cheaper to order the boric acid from Duda diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna do this soon hopefully. I need to check the price of borax at Walmart. Their website has it at $7+/box, but it doesn't have them as the seller. If that's really the case, it's like $20 cheaper to order the boric acid from Duda diesel.

A 76 oz box of Borax down here is $3.97. It is the only size box I've seen. Maybe what you saw is a bigger box.

I dont care much for Walmarts website. Its extrememly hard to find anything and to complicate things they have other suppliers mixed in and that makes it hard to find instore items.

It was a 76 or 78 oz box for sale by another supplier. I'll run the numbers again and see what they come out to with the correct price. It may be cheaper than the boric acid.

I have no problem with a little more work. The price was like 40% different on the website. Guess I may be in for more work. I always want to nitpick everything. Why else would I open the pool when I can't get I it? I'm so tempted! 50 degrees be ****ed!

Cheapest I've found is $3.87 per box at Walmart. I followed the directions exactly after making sure the pool was balanced and it was smooth as silk. The PH came right back in balance about 20 minutes after finishing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went the Duda route this year. 25# should last me 2 or 3 years (reading currently at 30 going to 50). Our HEB grocery has 20 Mule Team under $4, there's usually 10-15 boxes on the shelf.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.