Summer cover options?

Apr 16, 2012
We recently took out solar cover off due to the 106 deg temps. After 2 days my pool looks like a grave yard, its full of dead bugs and dirt. It took me 1 hr just to get it cleaned up. Is there some sort of screen cover that can be used to semi-stop some of the junk thats getting in my water?

If the skimmer is working correctly that shouldn't be happening. You should double check that your skimmer is skimming effectively and the water is moving around the pool such that surface debris is carried towards the skimmer eventually.

I am running the pump for 6hrs throughout the night. When I see the pool is at 4pm or so in the afternoon before the skimmer runs. After this last 24 hr run the pool looks just as bad as the other day. The entire surface is covered in bugs, also the bottom of the pool is well occupied with dead critters.

Am I doing it wrong?

thanks.

Do you have a lot of vegetation or landscaping near the pool? Many times cutting back on the (over)growth can really cut down on the amount of bugs.
When we bought our house the gardens had been let go for years and 2 apple trees had gotten far too big, I cut the trees down and knocked the gardens way back, more sunlight got in there and it resulted in a drier site an a lot less insects around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.