The Solar Heater Is In

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
2 2'x20' panels. I hooked them up yesterday and tested today. I was skeptical but they do make a difference, the water was a few degrees warmer this evening. The mounting kit was sold as a ground/roof kit. However I discovered Saturday that it is a 'ground kit' provided you have something to mount the brackets too. So I framed and decked a 'roof'. I will take it apart in the fall and come spring when I do the real deck will put it up there as a roof for the panels.

I don't know why the ripples are there, I think it is because the sections get turned to lock together. I hoped they'd flatten out but they haven't yet.

solarheatpanels.JPG

The mixing valve. This plumbing is going to get reworked a bit and cleaned up come spring. Also, I am going to re-route the waste line. All those black spots are Permatex-2 sealant. It is supposed to be a replacement for teflon tape. My success with it is mixed. It is also impossible to keep that stuff from getting all over.

solarheatplumbing%2520%25281%2529.JPG

We have a 16' x 32' pool with a 6-1/2' deep end. I have 8- 2' x 20' panels on my garage roof. I can raise my water temp from 64 degrees to 86 in two days. Of course those would be sunny days! They work very well and would recommend them to everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.