Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "Shopping" category in the skimmer basket

1. Back To Top    #1

"Shopping" category in the skimmer basket

I've been in the VERY beginning stages of pool care, buying the pool and all the stuff that goes with it. I've been wading through a whole lot of great stuff, but I sure wish it were together in one place, and I've been unsure where to post my questions, as they seem to fall under multiple headings. The search feature is helpful, but typically only if you have a specific product already in mind. Headings for threads could include:

product reviews
    product comparisons
    favorite retailers or products
    buyers' guides
    shopping lists (for given projects)
    pool buying 101

Those are just off the top of my head, so I'm sure there could be plenty for an actual category. Anyway, just a thought. LOVE TFP already, as is
    Jess :) from southeastern Indiana, USA
    27' x 54" ~17,600gal AG round
    Waterway Ecco 22", 250# oval sand filter 2.6 SF, 55 GPM
    1.5 hp 1-speed pump
    pool DOB July 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    Buckeye, AZ

Re: "Shopping" category in the skimmer basket

I agree, kind of what I suggested only more and better. Please to help us new owners....
    Beachinmoney, live in AZ, Pool is inground approx. 14,500 gallons of water. I have a Hayward 1040NS 1.5hp 2 speed motor with toggle. pump. The pool was built in 2006 and it is an 8 cartridge 75ft filters. A&A inground cleaning system

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: "Shopping" category in the skimmer basket

We are a teaching forum. It is our goal to teach you what you need to know so that you can make an informed decision.

Additionally, the particular brand of a product is often inconsequential.....many are virtually identical.

Knowing what that product does and how you can make use of it in your application is much more important than purchasing a particular brand.

Some years ago, we (me) thought buy/sell/trade would be a terrific idea. It couldn't have failed more completely which clearly pointed out just how smart I was.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School