Worst thing ever in your pool?

Worst thing was a toddler oozing from his swim diaper :evil: . . luckily his daddy saw it right away and pulled him out :wink: . I checked the chlorine and it was already at zero . . added some bleach - the chlorine held - and we were back in business :party:

However, it's always very sad for me to see dead critters in the pool . . the worst one to find was a baby bunny. Now I use a "Frog Log" to hopefully help critters on their way out.

Best,
Jan=

No photo of the event, the priority at the time was getting it out of the pool, although the scuff mark where it went in is still on the coping. The Mule had just returned from the shop with a new carburetor and someone left a return spring off which meant when the accelerator pedal when pressed it did not come back up. The result was the Mule speeding through its parking space with the brake pressed to the floor, going through the pair of french doors, just clearing the door opening by about 1/2 inch, sheering the doors off their hinges, but some how not breaking any of the glass panes, then the left wheels went into the water in the shallow end and the Mule flipping onto its left side and coming to a stop about where the steps are in my avatar photo. The front bumper tore a 3-4 foot long gash through the liner and of course all the water left the pool (that Mule was the same model as shown in the photo, but did not have the brush guard on the front, instead had a straight bar style front bumper).

Ike

We had a dead baby bird floating in ours a few weeks ago and also found one backswimmer..........yuck those things are ugly.........[attachment=0:31qw72hh]2012-06-19 11.32.39-1.jpg[/attachment:31qw72hh]

Attachments

• 2012-06-19 11.32.39-1.jpg
    2012-06-19 11.32.39-1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 922

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A couple of years ago, I was opening the pool and pulled the top of the skimmer and curled up in the top was a snake! I was so freaked out! It got scared also and went into the water. I got my neighbor to come get it out!

After that, I got smart and started using a tool (bent up hanger) instead of my fingers to pull up the skimmer plate.

This year, while opening the pool, I again pulled off the skimmer top and laid it down only to find a HUGE black widow on the underside of the skimmer plate, right next to the hole. It scared me so badly that I stayed away from the pool for a week!

Nothing as bad as most of the above. But this year, I'm removing dead baby birds from the solar cover almost every day. My son thinks it may be due to a red-tailed hawk that has taken up residence in the neighborhood.

Well. I was going to empty my shallow end skimmer one day. The wife, kid and neighbors are in the pool. I open the lid while telling my wife about whatever and something EXPLODES out of the skimmer, nails me in the chest and knocks me flat on my back. I thought that I was having a coronary.

Wife starts screaming and vacates the pool. Son is laughing head off. Neighbor tomboy shouts "OH COOL!" I am lying and waiting to die.

After about what seems like 20 minutes but is really 2, I get up and decide that I am in fact NOT having a heart attack, and see a 5lb BULLFROG at the bottom of the deep end. The neighbor girl is already at work with the leaf rake and retrieves the culprit to take home to show mother. She was as unimpressed as I.

My dad has now killed 6 horseflies with pool noodles. Skimmer likes to pick up spiders and other bugs. Ants tend to go right through the skimmer basket and pump basket to get chopped up by the impeller and end up in my cartridge. That's a lot of fun, seeing tons of chopped up ants in the pleats.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.