Cloudy ... but #'s are good

dhogan

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2011
Miami, OK
First let me start by saying I switched to the BBB method last year (after being a Pristine Blue user - which seemed to stop working for me) and my pool has never been cleaner, clearer, and/or more sparkly. Plus, testing & adjusting daily is so easy!
Now, to my question. I have some friends who bought a new house w/ an above ground pool - about 18,000 gallons...sand filter. I tested their water which started out almost black and helped them get it clean with BBB. He recently had to work the wheat harvest here in Oklahoma and at times did not get home to 3:30 am.....and hence ignored the pool for about a week. He discovered it was somewhat green.......shocked it twice.......and backwashed and now it is cloudy. His FC is at 4 and his ph 7.5. So, I am not sure what is causing his cloudiness. I have been trying to talk them into buying an auto vacuum as he has been manually vacuuming every 3 or 4 days. Any suggestions for them to try?

it does not sound like the shock process was done correctly after the pool turn green. there is likely still something living in the pool causimg cloudy water.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.