Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy ... but #'s are good

1. Back To Top    #1

Miami, OK

Cloudy ... but #'s are good

First let me start by saying I switched to the BBB method last year (after being a Pristine Blue user - which seemed to stop working for me) and my pool has never been cleaner, clearer, and/or more sparkly. Plus, testing & adjusting daily is so easy!
    Now, to my question. I have some friends who bought a new house w/ an above ground pool - about 18,000 gallons...sand filter. I tested their water which started out almost black and helped them get it clean with BBB. He recently had to work the wheat harvest here in Oklahoma and at times did not get home to 3:30 am.....and hence ignored the pool for about a week. He discovered it was somewhat green.......shocked it twice.......and backwashed and now it is cloudy. His FC is at 4 and his ph 7.5. So, I am not sure what is causing his cloudiness. I have been trying to talk them into buying an auto vacuum as he has been manually vacuuming every 3 or 4 days. Any suggestions for them to try?
    Gunite pool. Pool = 21,500 gallons w/ a hot tub = 606 gallons that overflows into the pool. Of course when weather is hot I do not turn the hot tub on...but continue to let it overflow into pool [because it looks nice!] Converted from Pristine Blue to BBB at the end of June, 2011. SunRay auto vacuum. StaRite Sand Filter. LOVE BBB! It is so simple & easy & inexpensive!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Cloudy ... but #'s are good

it does not sound like the shock process was done correctly after the pool turn green. there is likely still something living in the pool causimg cloudy water.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!