filter run time

Jun 25, 2012
I have an Intex 16 x 48 AG pool. I have very cloudy water (I can see down to the 2nd ladder rung, then extremely cloudy. I have taken samples to the "pool" store and now have my PH & chlorine levels where they should be. My pump is the one that came with the pool. My question is how long should I be running my pump in order to clear up the water. It is on a timer and I have it cycled every 4 hrs....

Also, I am wondering if it would help to detach the skimmer basket & push it closer to the bottom of the pool in the hope that it would better filter the lower portion of the pool?

24 hours a day except when there are swimmers in the pool. They are generally undersized and can barely keep up when running all the time.

2 parts to the solution:
- adequate pump/filter time
- proper testing

So, up your pump time and buy a good test kit. Testing every evening is very normal and doesn't take that much time, it will also empower you with the knowledge of what/why is happening with your water and not leaving it up to someone that may/may not know what they are talking about.

JohnT said:
24 hours a day except when there are swimmers in the pool. They are generally undersized and can barely keep up when running all the time.

So does that mean you should not run the pump when people are swimming? I always thought it was the other way around. Hopefully I dont sound like a :hammer: asking that question :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.