Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My ultra frame intex liner split!

1. Back To Top    #1

My ultra frame intex liner split!

On Saturday had a few people over for a bbq and swimming. A few hours goes by and I see a puddle of water next to the pool. There was a split in the seam about half inch long!! By the time I freaked out then thought about what to do the split was about 10 inches long and the yard was flooded!! Yep, the whole pool drained out in about 5 minutes.
    The pool is brand new and was set up for about 3 weeks. I am calling today to demand a new liner. I leveled everything perfect and did everything by the book.
    So frustrating.

I'll take some pics and post them soon.
    My pool:
    15x30 inground concrete pool w/spa and spillover, all under screen enclosure
    Hayward C1200 StarClear Plus Cartridge Filter
    Jandy Laars LX400 propane heater w/120 gal above-ground tank
    Jandy AquaLink RS OneTouch controller w/PDA remotes and computer control
    JVAs control pool/spa switch and also allow drain opening
    Hayward Navigator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My ultra frame intex liner split!

Oh man that really sucks! Hopefully they'll send you a replacement.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Talked with the store I bought it from and they are replacing it. Now I have to completely disassembly the pool and return all parts. At least I'm getting everything new again. Such a hassle though. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.
    My pool:
    Hayward Navigator

4. Back To Top    #4

I am sooooooo sorry for this happening to you! I recently saw a picture you posted of your pool area and I remember that you had upgraded from your smaller ring type pool. You did such a good job of landscaping around it and it was so neat. I hope it didn't upset your little one too much / Best of luck to you on your replacement!
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Carolina
    I am sooooooo sorry for this happening to you! I recently saw a picture you posted of your pool area and I remember that you had upgraded from your smaller ring type pool. You did such a good job of landscaping around it and it was so neat. I hope it didn't upset your little one too much / Best of luck to you on your replacement!
    Thank you, yeah most of the work I did should be ok still. My kiddo wasn't too upset since she knows we are getting a new pool.
    Went and got it last night. Which was pretty funny because they didn't even look at the pool or make sure everything was there. Just gave me a knew one lol oh well I'm happy, let the build begin (again)
    My pool:
    Hayward Navigator

6. Back To Top    #6

Yaaay!!!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

7. Back To Top    #7

I am happy that you received a replacement for your pool, I am dealing with intex now on same thing
    it started as a tiny little leak on my liner then exploded all over my yard. It is now swamp land I am calling them again today- all I got from them yesterday was a bunch of runaround.

8. Back To Top    #8

Are they going to reimburse you for the water? That can be a significant expense.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

9. Back To Top    #9

Actually the store where I bought it did the warranty. I didn't have to deal with intex. I didn't really push the cost of the water, I was more concerned with getting a new pool.
    My pool:
    Hayward Navigator

10. Back To Top    #10

We just set up our 26' Intex and realized water was coming from underneath. I contacted Intex and, of course, they want us to return the entire pool and they will ship a new one. It took 3 weeks to get this one! By the time we drain it, get it dry enough to ship back and wait for Intex to send a new pool, summer will be over. VERY aggravating. I am trying to work out a compromise. Considering that this is a common problem with these pools, I think Intex should send the replacment liner first, then, when the swimming season is over, I will drain the pool and return the defective liner. I was planning on leaving the pool up year round to save the cost of refilling it every year, besides the landscaping and deck we plan to build will make it difficult to dismantle and reassemble every year. I hope Intex will compromise.

11. Back To Top    #11

Have you tried dealing with who you bought it from? I was going to call intex also, but I contacted target (where I bought it) and they did the switch in the store. Much less hassle. But they did require all peices of the pool.
    My pool:
    Hayward Navigator

12. Back To Top    #12

I was thinking about contacting walmart. I didn't buy it at the store, we had to purchase it online and it was dropped shipped to our home. But I think I'll call walmart anyway ans see id they will order a replacement and when it arrives at the store, we will dismantle our defective one and take it to the store for exchange. At least that's only one or two days lost rather than weeks if we have to send to Intex.

13. Back To Top    #13

I would call Wal_mart. Assuming they stocked it and not Wayfair, it should be simple. They may even have one in a store if you call around. I know we have several Wal_marts in my city and some stores have slower moving inventory than others.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100