leak revisited....

May 22, 2011
have a nagging leak...

1/2" over night ( 9 hrs) while returns and suction including bottom drain ( piece of liner, 5 gal bucket w/ 50 lbs on bucket) are plugged.
did the bucket test, i used red food coloring around all joints including light to no avail.

So its the liner right? I have been all over that liner ( it seems) squirting the dye.... i have let it "leak out" to where the leak all but subsided and still cant see it. ( when the pool is full it leaks much faster)

Help :hammer:

If it leaks to a point and then stops except for evaporation then it's going to be real close to the place it stopped. Are you pretty sure you have the main drain sealed off?
Was there anything like a light, etc. at the place it stopped leaking? Some liner patterns hide a nick in the liner really well. Id' very closely inspect the liner all the way around the line where the leak stops.

Bama Rambler said:
If it leaks to a point and then stops except for evaporation then it's going to be real close to the place it stopped. Are you pretty sure you have the main drain sealed off?
Was there anything like a light, etc. at the place it stopped leaking? Some liner patterns hide a nick in the liner really well. Id' very closely inspect the liner all the way around the line where the leak stops.

I dont know how good the main is sealed. have a big piece of liner over it, 5 gal bucket on top of that and 40 to 50 lbs on the top of bucket and i pull a good prime from it when the skimmer is off so i am thinking that not it...

light, no it was well below where it "almost " stopped going down

guess i have to let it drain down again....

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.