Return Valve Losing Pressure

kanely

Jun 25, 2012
Hi All,

I am new to this forum but I have a problem with my above ground pool that has been driving me crazy. I have an older DE filter and a 2hp pump. If i clean disassemble the filter and put it back together - when i turn it back on the pressure and flow out of the return valve is perfect. As an hour or 2 goes by it slowly decreases until there is barely anything. Any suggestions on what may be the problem?

I am far from handy but appreciate any help or insight you may have.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure the PSI gauge works but it starts at 20 psi and then once the pressure tapers off it is around 30 psi.

The water looks good - it is clear. I keep disassembling and re-assembling in order to keep the water moving.

Soon my next step will be to call a pool company.

Thanks again for any advice you may have :-D

How are you cleaning the grids? Have you done a TSP soak followed by an acid wash per your filter manufacturer's guidelines?

If the increase in pressure is gradual, it is most likely either dirty water (which you don't have) or grids that need soaking or replacing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.