I'm in Dallas, Tx. where we are at 100deg. daily. My plaster pool gets a full days worth of sunshine so I have a few questions. Here are my numbers:
My water is very clear - no visible algae
I use the bleach method but boy that bleach does not last long.
I have a test kit from Leslies but I cannot read the cell chart when testing free chlorine. The color sample isn't really defined well against the cell chart. It doesn't matter if I put it into the sunlight or not. Does the TF-100 shows the cell colors more clearly?
I am shocking tonight - I have put 4 182oz. bottles of bleach in. I used the 1/8ml mark on the tester with distilled water for the rest (to 9ml) but I'll be darn if I can match the color to anything on the cell. The sample seems clear unless I look at it from the side and then it looks pinkish. The bottom line is that I cannot get an accurate measurement of FC and therefore I don't know how much bleach to keep it at shock level (20).
What is the average length of time that someone needs to shock a pool that looks algae free? and overnight test passes?
I know that every pool is different but are we talking 1 day , 3 days, 5 days? -
Once you have licked the contaminating problem and are in maintenance mode (no longer shocking), what would you say is the average daily loss of FC per day here in the hot Texas sun? Does anyone not have to touch their pool for, say, 3 days in a row?...Or is this an everyday occurence to add bleach to the pool?
thanks in advance for the replies