AA treatment

No, no swimming because the pH will be low and there will be NO CHLORINE to kill the nasties!!

IMHO, I suggest that anyone wanting to do an AA treatment wait until the end of swim season. An AA treatment can seriously cut into swim time in the middle of summer. Just saying.....

Why would it take a week? ph 7.2, dont' think it will take a week to get it to hold FC and no overnight chlorine loss?

when your ready to raise chlorine, wouldn't you just add it several times a day slowly while it fights the AA?

It is very common for it to take a week, though it can happen in four days occasionally, and can take up to two weeks occasionally. You need 24 hours with AA before adjusting everything. Then the water clouds up and it is difficult to maintain an FC level for a couple of days, and then it can take a little while to get everything back to normal levels. It is also possible to get algae during the process, which adds at least another week.

Using sequestrant while you have stains has pros and cons. Sequestrant is fairly expensive, and may do nothing. On the other hand, sequestrant alone can sometimes remove the stains (not common but it does happen now and then). Plus, if there is still metal in the water sequestrant will prevent the stains from getting worse.

tonight for me will make 24 hours, water turned cloudy initially, but filter running constant, its already starting to get crystal clear.

My spa will gradually raise my PH which is already at 7.1, i can start adding chlorine tonight, but may just wait till tommorow morning since it will be nighttime tonight.

I work at home, so tommorow i will be able to add chlorine many times as it fights the AA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.