Doing an abosrbic acid treatment right now to remove stains,

Re: Doing an abosrbic acid treatment right now to remove sta

That depends on how careful you were when lowering your PH. During an AA treatment you want the PH right near 6.8 to 7.0. But you don't want it below 6.8. Unfortunately, the common PH test will show any level below 6.8 as if it was 6.8, so you might actually be lower. If you were careful not to go below 6.8, then leave things alone. Even if you might have gone just a bit below 6.8, leave things alone for today, but start raising PH gently after sequestrant has been in a few hours. But if you might have overshot and lowered significantly below 6.8 it would be best to raise the PH very gently and slowly till it is just detectably above 6.8. Be very careful not to make any sudden or large changes in PH as that might interfere with the AA treatment.

raised it to 7.0 to be safe, AA removed most of the stains but got dark outside, so hard to tell, 2 hours in i added the seq, its to dark outside now, so will have to wait in the morning to see how things look.

pool will get 36 hours circulation/filteration before i start adding chlorine.

free chlorine was .5 when i added the AA, required 1.5lbs put in 1.75(container size) and threw in a bottle of vitamin c.

15,000 gallons

just turned on the pool light, looks pretty good, but really will have to wait for day light.

When should i do my first backwash? I do use fiber clear, does that have a chance of absorbing any of the iron?

have a spa, so that will gradually raise my PH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.