Leaky filter tank

Jul 14, 2011
OK...hopefully someone can get me pointed in the right direction. I've been to heck and back in 15 years or so of pool ownership as far as chemistry, water quality, etc. is concerned but am just now running into my first plumbing issue.

I have a small leak in the filter tank. The leak is right where the pipe from the pump enters the filter tank/housing. As far as I can tell, the leak is NOT in that connecting pipe, but is in the tank, itself. The leak is present whether the filter is turned on or off, though the rate is noticeably faster when the filter is running.

This is a Jacuzzi/Cantar 80sh cartridge filter (appx. 6 years old). Other than this one issue, the rest of the filtration system is working great (including the pump, itself). I'd go as far as buying a replacement filter tank, but I can't seem to find this particular model. So, I guess I"m hoping someone can either provide some advice for a DIY solution, or even point me in the direction of where I could find the replacement parts (alternatively, if anyone knows of a compatible filter I can attach to the pump, that could work too).

I'm really hoping to avoid replacing the pump/filter combo.

Thanks all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.