Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum Help!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum Help!!!!

Hi,

I recently purchased an Intex 2650 sand filter and changed out the wall adapter for the outbound line. I also have the Poolmaster triangular vacuum head for my pool. The suction is so good on this 2650 that it makes the vacuum head stick to the bottom of the pool so you can budge.

Can anyone recommend a good vacuum head to use with this stronger filter system? The suction on this thing is AWESOME!!!

Should I get one of the rectangular ones with wheels to help get some spacing between the floor and the vacuum? Maybe that will help???

Thanks!
    Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" AGP - Installed July 2011
    Intex SWG w/2500 GPH cartridge filters
    Intex 2,650 Sand filter
    Intex LED Pool Light
    Helotes, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuum Help!!!!

This may be dumb, or maybe it's just me, but what is the outboard line? Wondering because I have a 2650 that is being delievered this week.
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi,

No problem.. maybe my bad terminology.. It is the port on the pool wall that is taking the water out of the pool to the filter system.

It is a great system by the way.. I've had mine for about a month and love it.. I also have the Intex Saltwater generator that I need to put back in-line with this, but need to reconfigure my piping and redo my landscaping slightly to accommodate it.
    Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" AGP - Installed July 2011
    Intex SWG w/2500 GPH cartridge filters
    Intex 2,650 Sand filter
    Intex LED Pool Light
    Helotes, TX

4. Back To Top    #4

RicknTx...I have the same filter however when I tried connecting a vacuum I lost all suction and I was afraid I was about to burn up my pump!! How did you do it and what could I be doing wrong???
    Ag ultra intex 14x42
    2650 intex sand filter/pump
    Krystal Clear SWG