Hi guys- I surely do hope you can help me. I have a 15' x48" above the ground pool that has been wonderful. I have been gone a week and when I returned home it had what looked like a yellowish brown stain in various parts on the bottom. I had my husband put 2 gallons of the liquid shock in this morning. After about 5 hours, the water looked great- clear,except for yellowish brown stain. We just got in and the "stain" wasn't a stain at all- I am guessing it is some sort of algae. Of course when we got in the water became cloudy-I bet when my husband gets out the stuff will settle back to the bottom. Here are my levels on the test strip:
Total Hardness- 400
Free Chlorine- 0
Total Alkalinity- 180-2--
I've been reading here and I am guessing we need to drain the pool some and add yet more Chlorine. Can you all advise me what to do next? I am in deep East Texas and it is supposed to be over 100 here today which I know makes a difference in the chlorine levels.
Thanks ahead of time for you help!
Susi in Deep East Texas